Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
H. P. Lovecraft (1890 - 1937)
Father of Modern Horror, best known for creating the 'Cthulhu Mythos'
Critical Sites | Biographical Sites | Other Sites
Still Need More?
- The H. P. Lovecraft Archive
- This well designed site serves as an introduction to Lovecraft's life and works, plus provides numerous pointers to print and Internet-based resources relating to his creations, criticism by and of Lovecraft, and Lovecraft in popular culture. Also includes the FAQ for alt.horror.cthulhu
- Contains: Sketch, Bibliography, Webliography, Works List
- Author: Donovan K. Loucks
- Why Lovecraft Still Matters: The Magical Power of Transformative Fiction
- "Though a half century dead, a number of elements make Lovecraft's work more relevant today than ever: his bravery, his antinomianism, his understanding of how the transformative power of an object (especially abook) can link the realms of imagination and reality, his sense of the cosmic, and finally, above all and unifying all, his insistence on the primacy of the imagination."
- Contains: Criticism
- Author: Don Webb
- From: Nova Express no. 14, 1997
Sorry. There are no biographical sites about H. P. Lovecraft in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
- H. P. Lovecraft
- Includes a biographical sketch, links on works available online, and an annotated listing of critical and information Websites.
- Contains: Bibliography, Webliography, Works List, Sketch, Pictures
- Author: Alan Gullette
- From: Selected Authors of Supernatural Fiction
- The Scriptorium: H. P. Lovecraft
- Biographical and critical overview of Lovecraft. Also links to several other Lovecraft sites. Part of the excellent literary site, The Modern Word.
- Contains: Sketch, Commentary, Webliography
- Author: S.T. Joshi
Still Need More?
Couldn't find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for H. P. Lovecraft
outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for H. P. Lovecraft
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013