Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
Yukio Mishima (1925 - 1970)
Regarded by many as the most important 20th century Japaese novelist
Critical Sites | Biographical Sites | Other Sites
Still Need More?
Check the links in the box to the right for possible criticism about individual works by Yukio Mishima.
Sorry. There are no general critical sites about Yukio Mishima currently in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
- Everyone in Japan Has Heard of Him
- 'This New York Times Magazine profile, written about three months before his suicide, portrays Mishima as the preeminent author in Japan, although something of an anachronism."
- Contains: Extensive Bio
- Author: Philip Shabecoff
- From: The New York Times Magazine August 2, 1970
- The Mishima Yukio Cyber Museum
- 'The Cyber Museum is produced in an effort to introduce the world renowned writer and his remarkable works to as many people as possible."
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Timeline, Works List
- Author: The Mishima Yukio Museum
- Featured Author: Yukio Mishima
- "News and Reviews From the Archives of The New York Times."
- Contains: Commentary
- From: The New York Times on the Web
- How to Write in Japanese
- "Robert Trumbull talks with Mishima about writing in Kanji, the intricate Chinese characters or ideograms in which the Japanese write most of their language, and the difficulties in publishing and translating Japanese literature."
- Contains: Interview
- Author: Robert Trumbull
- From: The New York Times September 19, 1965
Still Need More?
Couldn't find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Yukio Mishima
outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Yukio Mishima
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013