Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
Bharati Mukherjee (1940 - )
Winner of the National Book Critics Circle Award for best fiction in 1988 for The Middleman and Other Stories, and author of such acclaimed works as Jasmine.
Critical Sites | Biographical Sites | Other Sites
Still Need More?
Check the links in the box to the right for possible criticism about individual works by Bharati Mukherjee.
Sorry. There are no general critical sites about Bharati Mukherjee currently in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
- Bharati Mukherjee: An Interview
- Another lengthy interview with the author.
- Contains: Interview
- Author: Runar Vignisson
- From: SPAN: Journal of the South Pacific Association for Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies Number 34-35 (1993)http://kali.murdoch.edu.au/cntinuum/litserv/SPAN/SPAN.html
- Notable Asian American Writers: Bharati Mukherjee
- A biographical essay on the author.
- Contains: Full Bio, Bibliography, Webliography,
- Author: Jaydeep Christian
- Holders of the Word: An Interview with Bharati Mukherjee
- A lengthy interview. "Collectively, then, the five sections of the interview respond to the multiple demands of literary production and interpretation. By providing additional insight into Professor Mukherjee's critical and creative project while simultaneously affording her a forum in which to critique postcolonial scholars and critics who have expressed interest in her work, we offer a survey of territorial disputes that are all the more provocative for being still unsettled."
- Contains: Pictures, Interview
- Author: Tina Chen and S.X. Goudie
- From: Jouvert: A Journal of Post-Colonial Studies Vol 1 Issue 1 http://social.chass.ncsu.edu/jouvert/
Still Need More?
Couldn't find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Bharati Mukherjee
outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Bharati Mukherjee
Last Updated Mar 25, 2014