Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
Plato (428/427 B.C.E. - 348/347 B.C.E.)
Philosopher, student of Socrates, and author of The Republic.
Critical Sites | Biographical Sites | Other Sites
Still Need More?
- Chronology and Narrative Apparatus in Plato's Dialogues
- "There is... one excellent indicator of the relative lateness within the group of mostbooks of the Republic, namely the frequent appearance of certain response-formulae, both positive and negative, which are otherwise held to be common only in post- Republic works."
- Author: Harold Tarrant
- From: Electronic Antiquity Vol. 1 no. 8 April 1994
- Plato and His Dialogues
- "An introductory essay on Plato and his dialogues."
- Contains: Commentary, Criticism
- Author: Bernard F. Suzanne
- From: Exploring Ancient World Cultures http://eawc.evansville.edu/
- Greek Philosophy - Plato
- Information on Plato's life and Platonic philosophy.
- Contains: Sketch, Commentary
- From: History for Kids!
- Island of Freedom - Plato
- Biographical information on Plato
- Contains: Pictures, Bibliography, Extensive Bio
- Author: Robert Sarkissian
- From: Island of Freedom http://www.island-of-freedom.com/
- Science and Human Values - Plato
- An essay on Plato and Platonic philosophy.
- Contains: Commentary, Extensive Bio
- Author: Fred L. Wilson
- Plato and his dialogues
- "An interpretation of Plato's dialogues as a consistent set of seven tetralogies meant for educating philosopher-kings."
- Contains: Pictures, Extensive Bio, Works List, Works Available, Bibliography, Commentary
- Author: Bernard Suzanne
Still Need More?
Couldn't find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Plato
outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Plato
Last Updated Mar 25, 2014