Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
J. D. Salinger (1919 - 2010)
Reclusive author of Catcher in the Rye
Critical Sites | Biographical Sites | Other Sites
Still Need More?
- "The Holy Refusal": A Vedantic Interpretation of J.D. Salinger's Silence
- This essay concludes that "keeping in mind the limited scope and inability of literary criticism to ascertain a writer's inner life, we can decode Salinger's silence as loud protest against the current aggressive, competitive action-ethic of the West, its largely materialistic pursuits with great emphasis on social success which whips up vainglory andpride, its acquisitive spirit and penchant for sensual pleasures that money and hypocrisy can buy."
- Contains: Criticism
- Author: Dipti R. Pattanaik
- From: MELUS Summer, 1998
Sorry. There are no biographical sites about J. D. Salinger in the collection; do you know of any that you can recommend?
- Featured Author: J.D. Salinger
- This feature on J.D Salinger includes links to several reviews of his books and New York Times articles about the author, dating from 1951 to the present.
- Contains: Interview, Pictures, Commentary
- From: The New York Times 10/8/00
- An excellent Salinger page. It offers several FAQs, lists of his works, bibliographies of critical works and interviews, and lots of other information.
- Contains: Extensive Bio, Interview, Bibliography, Works List, Works Available, Commentary
- Author: Stephen Foskett
Still Need More?
Couldn't find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for J. D. Salinger
outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for J. D. Salinger
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013