Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
Sites about Henry VI, Part 3
by William Shakespeare
Critical sites about Henry VI, Part 3
- Alarums and Defeats: Henry VI on Tour
- "The importance of provincial touring to early modern performance culture hasundergone a substantial re-assessment in recent years, opening up the possibility oftouring as a new context for criticism. Shakespeare's 3 Henry VI is thought to havebeen toured by Pembroke's Men in the early 1590s. This paper suggests that the playwas written to be toured and attempts a reading of the play's treatment of regionaland social identity which is located in a provincial, touring milieu. The EnglishShakespeare's Company's late 1980s tour of the play (the first tour since the 1590s)affords an opportunity to explore how the play 'works' in a touring context."
- Contains: Historical Context,
- Author: Stuart Hampton-Reeves
- From: Early Modern Literary Studies 5.2 (September, 1999): 1.1-18
Sorry! Our collection does not contain any other (non-critical) sites about Henry VI, Part 3!
Do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn't find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Henry VI, Part 3 outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Henry VI, Part 3:
Last Updated Apr 29, 2013