Online Literary Criticism Collection
Links below don’t belong? CONTACT US!
Return to: Literary Criticism Collection Home | ipl2 Home
Sites about Piers Plowman
by William Langland
Critical sites about Piers Plowman
- Piers Plowman and the Sublime
- "I wish to explore the use of the term "sublime" by several commentators--including C.S. Lewis, Derek Pearsall, and Anne Middleton--in their estimate of Piers Plowman as a poem possessing moments of lofty vision. My starting point will be in the Romantic or "conventional" sublime and its subsequent application in some Piers Plowman criticism of a New Critical bent. "
- Contains: Content Analysis
- Author: Murray J. Evans
- Piers the Plowman and its Sequence
- This lengthy analysis of "Piers the Plowman" includes sections on "The Vision of William concerning Piers the Plowman", "Theories concerning Authorship; The Three Texts, "Parallel Passages", "William Langland", and "The Fourteenth Century."
- Author: John Matthews Manly
- From: The Cambridge History of English and American Literature Volume II: English, The End of the Middle Ages
Sorry! Our collection does not contain any other (non-critical) sites about Piers Plowman!
Do you know of any that you can recommend?
Couldn't find the information you were looking for?
Use these links to search for Piers Plowman outside the IPL.
Click a link below to automatically search that site for Piers Plowman:
Last Updated Mar 25, 2014